Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow Storms, Semi Trailers, My Car, and Interstate 90

There has been a record number of snowflakes fallen this year, and I imagine a record number of accidents on the interstate. I for one am getting a little tired of it. This morning on my way to work at 2:30 the roads were not yet plowed. I was driving on the infamous I-90 and could barely see the lanes for they were covered with the aforementioned snow. I was traveling a little slower as would be expected under the current driving situation. A semi bearing down on my ass however, was not. As I was trying to exit off onto the belt line, said semi thought it was a good idea to pass me. Below is an artist rendition of the view through my windshield as he did so.
As the picture clearly shows, as I was exiting the interstate I could see nothing! The lightweight snow kicked up from the momentum of that damn semi cutting in front of me completely obscured my vision. As the snow settled, I found my self heading right smack into a snow bank. here is an artists rendition of my expression at the time.
My car hits the snowbank, snow explodes everywhere, and I am stuck tilted at this 45 degree angle. Remember that scene from Christmas Vacation, it felt like that. I rock the car back and forth with the accelerator until I somehow miraculously find a way to get it back onto the interstate. After changing my panteloones and taking an 8 mile detour to get back to the belt line, I manage to only be ten minutes late for work.
End of story.

Stay tuned tomorrow for Sarah Michelle Gellar day, and Friday I will tell you ALL about my trip to Colorado, scouts honor.

No comments: