Sunday, November 02, 2008

R.I.P. Frank

From a Myspace bulletin:

Frank Navetta, founding member and guitarist for the Descendents, fell
ill over the past few days and passed away on October 31, 2008.
Besides naming the band, Frank wrote a ton of great songs and was a
great friend. He will be truly missed.

We don't have any information about funeral or memorial services at
the moment. We'll pass along information for any public services when
we find out.

Go give Milo Goes To College or Bonus Fat a spin in Frank's honor.

-J

This sucks. Milo Goes to College is my ALL time favorite album, and Frank was an inspiration to so many. I feel privileged that I got to see him when the original Descendents played at Stockage. (they really need to release that show. It was amazing to say the least) My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends and the Descendents/ALL family.

Frank you will be missed.

I'm not a Loser!

No comments: